La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

R.E.M. to Release LIVE CD/DVD

2007 has been a good year for R.E.M. A much deserved induction into the Rock n’ roll Hall of Fame, a successful rarities compilation and now, on October 16th the band will release its first live CD/ DVD combination. Titled R.E.M. LIVE CD/DVD the band’s previous live documents include Tourfilm, Road Movie and Perfect Square. Filmed by director Blue Leach, R.E.M. LIVE documents the band's exceptional performance at Dublin's Point Theatre on February 27, 2005 as part of a successful 116-date world tour that year.

The expansive 22-song set features some of R.E.M.'s best songs, including "The One I Love", "Man on the Moon", "Everybody Hurts", "Cuyahoga", "Orange Crush", and "(Don't Go Back to) Rockville". Also included is a previously unreleased cut called "I'm Gonna DJ". (Full set is included below.)

R.E.M. is currently recording a new album with producer Jacknife Lee (U2, Snow Patrol) in Dublin, Ireland. Their recently relaunched remdublin.com chronicles their time in the city.


R.E.M. LIVE:

01 I Took Your Name
02 So Fast, So Numb
03 Boy in the Well
04 Cuyahoga
05 Everybody Hurts
06 Electron Blue
07 Bad Day
08 Ascent of Man
09 Great Beyond
10 Leaving New York
11 Orange Crush
12 I Wanted to Be Wrong
13 Final Straw
14 Imitation of Life
15 The One I Love
16 Walk Unafraid
17 Losing My Religion
18 What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
19 Drive
20 (Don't Go Back to) Rockville
21 I'm Gonna DJ [previously unreleased]
22 Man on the Moon

1 comment: