La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Record Store Day is Here

Folks who work here are professors
Don't replace all the knowers with guessors
Keep'em open
they're the ears of the town
-Tom Waits

Today is Record Store Day. Go to your favourite independent record store and buy a cd or two or three for yourself. These guys need your support and this is a great way to keep the music playing.

I will update with my 'Record Store Day' finds later today.

Happy Hunting

**UPDATE**

What a great sight to see a record store full of people today. I picked up the new M83, Robyn Hitchcock and Fuck Buttons cds'. I also found that snazzy Record Store Day only 7" by Vampire Weekend. I trust and hope this will be the first of many Record Store Days.

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Thanks for dropping by my place. I really liked Calexico's cover of Guns of Brixton, and Adam Green's cover of What a Waster. He's no Pete Doherty, but I would suggest that's a good thing.

I missed record store day but I fully intend to head down to my favourite indie store this week. There's a few new ones I need to get.

BTW London is my old stomping grounds. What are the good record stores in London these days?

Sean Wraight said...

Hi Barbara,

That's a shame you missed Record Store Day and due to snow at that.
Evil stuff isn' it?

Glad you enjoyed the playlist. My friend Amity

http://allthingsamity.blogspot.com/

expertly suggested those and I have to admit I am a little struck by the Adam Green cover. That was a very pleasant discovery!

Now as far as record stores in London go... Grooves on Clarence is my favourite and has replaced the once great and mighty Dr. Disc. now closed sadly. The Beat Goes On and City Lights Books remain haunts as well.

Thank you for dropping by. I have added your blog to my roll. Very enjoyable stuff there.

So when did you live in London?

s

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I added you as well, as you've got a great site here (and I must check out your friend Amity's site too).

I lived in London from 87-97. I do remember City Lights Book Store, and it's good to know it's still there.