La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Monday, May 19, 2008

Ah Meme and Good Night – The Mother of all Playlists


The meme is a new phenomenon in my world. I may in fact know more about mimes. That however is no consolation. So in fairness to Barbara, the Bad Tempered Zombie who inconspicuously tagged me last week.
The Mother of All Random Playlists ((with Questions (and Answers of sorts)):
You know how this works:
1. Put your iTunes/ music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must put down the song name no matter what. After you’ve answered all of the questions, tag 5 other people and then let them know they’ve been tagged to do the meme themselves

Goofy yes, but I like it too. Explanations have been included to protect the innocent. Please feel free to try this yourself.

What would best describe your personality?
Restless Waters – Tortoise
Restless? Perhaps. This blog goes a long way in tempering my restless, creative side. I am however seldom watery.

What do you like in a guy/girl? O Freedom – Billy Bragg
That, and a pretty smile.

How do you feel today?
Sinister In a State of Hope- Loney Dear
And I was just going to say fine... Guess my ipod knows the more true state of my soul though.

What is your life's purpose? Heaven – Talking Heads
Quite honestly I would much prefer that be my ‘death’ purpose.

What is your motto? Only the Stones Remain – The Soft Boys
How true. Mick and Keith have outlived all comers and will continue to do so.

What do your friends think of you?
Under Your Jacket – The Lightning Bug Situation
Sadly true. I tend to be shy until you really get to know me.

What do you think of your parents? Remember – Air
Poignant yes, but thankfully they are both still very much alive.

What do you think about very often?
Hot Korean Moms – P. Love and Amon Tobin
That, and cheese. Gouda if you please.

What do you think of your best friend? Nothing New - April March
So wise up best friend or else I’ll be looking for a brand new one.

What do you think of your crush?
Change Your Style – John Holt
Exactly. Enough about you if this relationship is going to work it’s all about me.

What is your life story? She’s Got You – Cat Power
Now if Cat Power has ‘got’ me this is something I could live with. Besides sharing the same first name, Chan and me would make a wonderful couple.

What do you want to be when you grow up? Naptime – Kid Koala
This would have been my kindergarden ambition but thankfully my more mature ambitions include being an astronaut and one day eating my own weight in pistachios.

What do you think when you see your crush? Exposure – Robert Fripp
Ironically I think of this in instances far too numerous to mention.

What do your parents think of you? Is There a Ghost?- Band of Horses
That did change however when I gave up wearing the sheet with the cut out eyeholes when I was 17.

What do strangers think of you? Pumpkin Soup – Kate Nash
Hmmmm, must be my new cologne.

How's your love life? Bean Vine Blues #2 (DTAS) – M. Ward
I’m telling you people try Bean Vine. The natural enhancer.

What will they play at your funeral?
Miracle Cure – The Who
Be a little late for that at that point don’t you think?

What will you dance to at your wedding?
Clap Your Hands - Tito Chicoma Y Su Orquesta
This is exactly what people do when witnessing my sublime dance styles.

What is your hobby/interest? Going Blind - The Melvins
I certainly will if I continue my hobby/interest(s) of playing with pointed sticks and running with scissors.

What's your biggest secret?
Are You Awake? – Kevin Shields
Keep ‘em guessing folks. Like my philosophy “naptime anytime”.

What do you think of your friends?
This Old World is Going Down – The Modulations
I really need to find some new friends. They seem a tad depressing don’t you think?

What song do you listen to when you are sad?
Sexy Boy (Sex Kino Mix) – Air
This song just works wonders on my self esteem particularly when I am feeling down.

What song do you air guitar to?
Death Letter From Centreville Springs – The Howling Hex
Perfect. Now please include this in Guitar Hero IV.

What should be your signature karaoke song?
Crash and Burn Girl – Robyn
(Provided I have my hot pink mansy and legwarmers I will karaoke anytime, anywhere.)

What is your greatest desire?
Mouton Noir – Torngat
Who does NOT desire Black Mouton? (Please email me if you know what Black Mouton is.)

What does next year have in store for you? Naked As We Came – Iron and Wine
Oh I’m sorry. I thought you said to describe this past weekend in four words or less.

What's your outlook on life? Don’t Think Twice It’s All Right – Ramblin’ Jack Elliot
That and always carry spare batteries…

How will you die? People – El Perro Del Mar
Arrrggghhhhh!!! I always knew that
soylent green would get me in the end.

Do people secretly lust after you? Opus 17 – Dustin O’Halloran
Ah ha! It’s not my beauty, it’s my mad composing skills.

The best advice you will ever get? Alex Chilton – The Replacements
Exactly. One must never travel far without a little Big Star.

Listen to this custom playlist above. Your comments and psychological assessments are welcome as always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You listen to some wierd shit dude.

ed

Barbara Bruederlin said...

My professional assessment of your playlist tells me that you are a seriously funny lad. And that your itunes is out to get you.

Thanks for playing along! You're a good sport!