La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Thursday, May 29, 2008

If I Ran the Morning Zoo


As I was driving home from work last night I contemplated the prospect of a guest DJ stint on KCRW’s Guest DJ Project. A guy can dream, um... Right? (Thank you for planting that one Bad Tempered Zombie.)

This is my playlist and for the ‘pop’ record it was very difficult to compile. Let me include three hundred songs next time. Then we’d be talking.

Nina Simone - I Want a Little Sugar In My Bowl
Bob Dylan - Ballad of a Thin Man
Wilco - Via Chicago
Neko Case - Deep Red Bells
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain
The Beach Boys - Caroline No (Mono)
John Cale - Paris 1919
Robert Wyatt - Shipbuilding
Sonic Youth - Rain on Tin
Iggy and the Stooges – I Wanna Be Your Dog
R.E.M. - So. Central Rain

Are you listening Nic Harcourt? It's me Margaret.

1 comment:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Nicely done, Mr DJ, but now you must discuss how these particular songs inspired you. Your audience is waiting.