La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Axl Leaks Himself

So I'm listening to the first song from Chinese Democracy and I keep thinking, I know this song, I really know this song. But what is it? Arggghhhh....
And then it dawns on me. At the 1.01 mark this guitar riff kicks in and I'm instantly transported back to 1990.

Then again, maybe it's just me... It's streaming here and for the record, trainwreck curiosity drew me to the site.

Hell hath frozen over folks and the end of days is upon us. Chinese Democracy arrives in stores on Sunday so you probably won't have time to get those corn row braids; But at least we get a free Dr. Pepper.

**UPDATE**
For fans of Canadian Football - Chinese Democracy has become the “official soundtrack” to the 2008 Grey Cup. On Sunday (November 23), Gun N’ Roses’ ridiculously long-awaited album will be featured throughout the Grey Cup broadcast, with several tracks being televised nationally on TSN and RDS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! You might just be on to something there. Axel must have been a fan.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm a little sad that one of the longest standing jokes in the music industry has come to an end. Or perhaps the joke has just taken another form...

Chinese Democracy will be the official soundtrack of the Grey Cup? Oh please! Between that and Theory of a Deadman playing the halftime show, it looks as though I will be watching the game on mute.