La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Sunday, November 16, 2008

PLAYLIST 23 - Now is the Winter of My Blog Content

Winter has arrived this weekend in Lovely London and the white stuff is flying furiously even as I type. As Mother Nature whips up cold winds, buries my car and slowly depletes my very spirit I thought a playlist might just be what the psychiatrist ordered.

Last night as I was driving through the wet sky goop I tuned to Alan Neal’s Bandwidth program on CBC Radio. His theme… Oh’s. Not as in Sandra, but song titles and band names that contain that very word. Sooooo(h), any idea worth doing once is worth plundering again here for the sake of a wonderful playlist.

...Turn up the iPod and pass the serotonin.

Oh Well, Okay

Oh My Lover - Adem
It's Oh So Quiet - Bell
Oh
, My Darling - Basia Bulat
Oh Spectrum - Final Fantasy
Oh
Napoleon - The Acorn
Oh
Christine - The Cave Singers
Oh, Sister - Bob Dylan
Oh My Sweet Carolina - Portastatic
Oh
Lord - The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Oh
! You Pretty Things - David Bowie
Oh
Well, Okay - Elliott Smith
Oh, Lonesome Me - Neil Young
Oh It's Such A Shame - Jay Reatard
Oh My Golly! - Pixies
Oh My - bis
Oh! How The Dogs Stack Up – Mogwai
Oh
My Lord - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Oh
, La - Ra Ra Riot
Oh
God, Where Are You Now? (In Pickeral Lake? Pigeon? Marquette? Mackinaw?) - Sufjan Stevens
Oh Oh, Take Me Back - M. Ward
Oh
John - Jimmy Reed

5 comments:

amityb said...

I just did a search for Ohs and found this one:

http://www.seeqpod.com/search/?plid=eba654b60e

bloody awful poetry said...

I would also add Oh! by Casper and the Cookies. Awesome idea for a mix, by the way!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I wonder if Sandra Oh has listened to this playlist? She could use it as a soundtrack to her life.

Sean Wraight said...

Amity - It's funny I was reading about Alela Diane last week and I had never heard her. Thank you for that link. She does have a terrific voice and her song would be a welcome addition to this playlist. Right after Sufjan I think.

Thanks for the tip.

BAP - Yet another brilliant suggestion. Where are you guys when I am trying to put these things together? I can honestly say I had never heard of Casper and the Cookies... But I have now.

Always on the lookout for the good music stuffs.

Barbara - I should think Sandra Oh has listened to this custom playlist. It would be insult not to at least listen to a custom mix such as this.

Leave it to Alan Neal to come up with such a clever tag. I shall endeavour to come up with my Ohwn next time.

Cheers,
Sean

Phronk said...

Haha, brilliant playlist.

How about "Oh", by Ciara? :)