La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Monday, August 31, 2009

Yah Mo B-side


Brooklyn indie darlings, Grizzly Bear have always done things somewhat unconventionally. News from their camp today that the B-side of the single “While You Wait for the Others” from the very fine Veckatimest, features vocals on the same track as interpreted by the one and only blue-eyed and beardy soul legend Michael "I Keep Forgettin'" McDonald. Yes, it is indeed that ex-Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan dude, Michael McDonald

Thanks Grizzly Bear, you just blew my mind again. (Get the song on iTunes, or order the 7" directly from the band.)

Watch the band performing that song sans Macdonald on Later with Jools Holland in May.


3 comments:

Allison said...

Just popping in to say hello, is that a new header? Lovely. :)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I think the operative word in your post was definitely "camp". I know you used it as a noun, but it's even more fitting as an adjective, in this case. Michael McDonald may not be the Brett Anderson of our generation, but he may just be the Barry Manilow.

bloody awful poetry said...

I cannot get Grizzly Bear. I simply cannot. I know everyone says their awesome and all, but I am unable to really get any sort of enjoyment from their music. It makes me a bit frustrated. Oooh but yes, new header is pretty!