La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Raw Power Got a Healin' Hand"

I love it when the universe sometimes remembers your birthday and an amazing free concert is announced on just that day in the very heart of Toronto.  But Iggy and the Stooges?  Are you kidding me?  And X and Mudhoney two nights before that in the Yonge and Dundas Square.

Someone up there likes me.

Austin, TX you may have your fancy shmancy SXSW  but this year's edition of NXNE, June 14th to the 20th in Toronto is positively stellar.

Click this link to see for yourself.  NXNE Lineup

More details and band announcements to come!

UPDATE

Thursday, June 17 2010

X, Mudhoney @ Yonge-Dundas Square (free) Warpaint, Free Energy, Elliott Brood @ The Horseshoe, The Besnard Lakes @ The Mod Club, HEALTH, Gold Panda, Indian Jewelry @ Sneaky Dee’s

Friday, June 18 2010

Sloan @ Yonge-Dundas Square (free), Man… Or Astro-Man?, Mudhoney @ The Horseshoe, AA Bondy, Simone Felice, Avi Buffalo @ The Great Hall, Japandroids, Wavves @ Lee’s Palace, Inlets @ TBA

Saturday, June 19 2010

Iggy & the Stooges, Wavves @ Yonge-Dundas Square (free), Quintron & Miss Pussycat, JEFF The Brotherhood @ The Garrison, Avi Buffalo @ Lee’s Palace, Cold Cave @ Wrongbar

Sunday, June 20 2010

De La Soul, Kid Sister, Phenomenal Handclap Band @ Yonge-Dundas Square (free)

4 comments:

Ryan McNeil said...

I head to rub my eyes when I read about the free Stooges show. Suffice to say, I'm all over it.

By the by - have you looked into the slate at this year's Hot Docs fest in Toronto. There's a movie that might be up your alley, somethin' called 1991: THE YEAR PUNK BROKE.

Blair Whatmore said...

BAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean I'm dying. I actually feel like vomiting with excitment. What night is X playing?! I can't find the actual dates anywhere. Good lord.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

This is insane! And not just the excitement-induced vomitting either. And on your birthday? Proof positive that the world really does revolve around you.

Moe said...

sounds like the perfect gift for the boy who has everything :)