La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Friday, April 15, 2011

• “I love the smell of them. I love that people actually care for and know about the music they are selling.”

“I think it’s high time the mentors, big brothers, big sisters, parents, Guardians, and neighborhood ne’er do wells, start taking younger people That look up to them To a real record store and show them what an important part of life music really is. I trust no one who hasn’t time for music. What a shame to Leave a child, or worse, a generation orphaned from one of life’s great beauties. And to the record stores, artists, labels, dj’s, and journalists; we’re all in this together. Show respect for the tangible music that you’ve dedicated your careers and lives to, and help It from becoming nothing more than disposable digital data.”


- Jack White
Thank you Neko Case for the byline and Jack White for the inspirational words today.  Did I mention that tomorrow (April 16th) is Record Store Day? Hmmmm, thought so... Not to beat you over the head with this one too much but this is something important. As Jack White so eloquently expressed above, independent record stores are retail treasures and need to be appreciated as such. Get out to one tomorrow and pick up a record or eight. Buy one for your niece, nephew, son, daughter, BFF and kitteh. Chances are there will be cake too; Or a band like the Head and the Heart (featured below) playing in the store. (Man I wish I lived closer to Seattle.)


The Head And The Heart - Lost In My Mind (not the video) from Sub Pop Records on Vimeo.

Be sure to let me know what you got in the comments below.

Have fun! And Happy Record Store Day!

1 comment:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm going to attempt to make a pilgrimage for RSD. Now if only it would stop snowing...

Did I mention that The Head and the Heart are playing the Calgary Folk Festival this year? I know it's not Seattle and it's not a record store, but it is a grassy island in the middle of the Bow river.. Just in case you get wanderlust.